Monday, April 2, 2012

INSANITY workout, Day 1

So I started the Insanity workout today.

The first day of the program is a fitness test to assess your current level of cardio endurance. The test consists of completing the following exercises in one minute intervals, doing as many of the moves as you can in that time period, with one minute rests between each exercise.

Here are my stats:

Switch Kicks: 76
Power Jacks: 41
Power Knees: 46
Power Jumps: 0
Globe Jumps: 0
Suicide Jumps: 6
Push-up Jacks: 7
Low Plank Obliques: 8

I'm guessing I started off a little too crazy and completely burned out in the middle and tried to regain some of that stamina at the end. The good news is I can ONLY improve from these stats so I can expect my numbers to be substantially better for my next fitness test at day 15. It is literally INSANE, but its a great workout.  I only completed about half of the 30 minute workout and I was drenched in sweat. I don't know what the next 59 days is going to be like, but I have a team in my corner and the willpower to get it done, for now.

I'm trying to adjust my diet to go along with this workout routine, its all about "lifestyle changes". I'm cutting out red meat and pork for the next 60 days and trying to make sure I get all of the water I need for the day.

Wish me luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment